Reported Benefits from a W.I.S.E. Method Energy Medicine Session
Energy work supports clients by improving their emotional, physical, mental and spiritual well being. It is effective as a compliment to allopathic medicine:
- Relaxation: helps people to feel revitalized and refreshed. Studies by Herbert Benson and others have shown that the relaxation response supports the ability of the body’s immune system to defend it against bacteria and viruses. The relaxation response also stimulates the production of the brain opiates called endorphins. These are neuropeptids that act to block pain.
- – By inducing relaxation one can experience a reduction in pain, stress, anxiety, and depression.
- – Helpful in reducing fear and apprehension pre and post-op (thereby reducing the need for pain medicine), or before medical procedures.
- Support and accelerate the healing process after surgery.
- Enhances personal growth, self-awareness, self esteem.
- Symptom relief during and after chemotherapy and radiation.
- Supports the body during endocrine/hormonal disturbances such as menopause and PMS.
- Provides an opportunity for clients to gain new insights about themselves and how their beliefs can affect their emotions and physical bodies. Can raise awareness about the psychospiritual connection and the correlation between their beliefs and their health. Then if they so chose they could make changes that supports their new understandings. Scientifically this is how it works. PNIE (psychological, neurological, immune and endocrine systems all communicate with each other) When we have a feeling or think a thought, positive or negative, a chemical, which is a neuropeptid is created and goes to various receptor sites and our physical body responds to it. If we examine what is going on in our lives at the time of the onset of the symptom we can sometimes remember what our emotional status was. If it is an ongoing emotion, thought process or belief it can affect changes in our body because of the PNIE system and the chemicals that get generated.
- Strengthens and supports the immune system.
- Supports spiritual issues such as end of life issues.
- Provides support with grief and loss issues.
- Valuable when used in conjunction with psychotherapy. Insights, new under- standings, or emotional blocks that can surface in therapy can be worked on and integrated during energy work. There are levels of consciousness that are deeper and wiser than the day-to-day surface consciousness we use to get through life. These can be accessed through quiet, meditation, artwork journaling, and energy work. A therapist can help a client to find meaning with what comes up during an energy session.
- Decreased agitation in clients with dementia.